Monday, October 13, 2008

Snippet reflection of change

All of us look forward to changes that improve our life. I am absolutely sure that none of us welcome changes that affect our life negatively.

We are confronted with myriad of changes as we prod along our Christian journey. Meaningful personhood involves the dynamic combination of the moral, social, emotional and spiritual dimension of our lives. Prioritization of these different dimensions of life is critical to meaningful personhood. Changes often pose a challenge to our life prioritization. A misplace priority can upset our life balances for the long term. How do we know when and how do we embrace these changes?

Here are some guiding principles:-

  1. How would these changes affect my relationship with God and my spiritual life?
  2. If I accept and embrace these changes will it uplift my moral values?
  3. How do these changes help me socially as a Christian and my testimony for God?


 

We can't avoid changes but we can evaluate changes.

We do not need follow changes to be in vogue with the "Jones". Changes appropriately embraced brings positive inputs and produce positive outcomes in our lives and personhood. It makes us more effective in our lives and ministries.


 


 


 

0 comments: